Automotive Accident Attorneys in Flagstaff
Car accidents are far too common in Arizona. Unfortunately, many collisions result in serious injuries due to the negligence of another driver. These accidents can have a devastating effect on the lives of the victims of the accident. Our attorneys investigate the cause of the accident and make sure injured clients obtain compensation for their injuries. Many accident injury cases can be handled by our firm negotiating with the insurance company without having to file a lawsuit. We have many years of experience dealing with insurance adjusters and fighting for our clients rights. However, our car accident attorneys are also experienced trial lawyers and are able and ready to protect your rights in court. Our firm offers free consultations. In addition, we help you find the right doctors to treat your injuries.
Arizona Car Accident Legal Representation
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident or any other type of vehicular accident, contact the Law Offices of Gonzales & Poirier today at (855) 774-5400. We handle cases in Flagstaff, Holbrook, Winslow, Williams, Sedona, Cottonwood, Prescott and other parts of Northern Arizona. Our initial consultation is free and we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we don’t get paid, unless you get paid. The goal is to settle your case with the responsible driver or his/her insurance company or employer. Should they decide not to settle, our aggressive trial attorneys will sue the responsible driver.
In order to best assist us in handling your case, it is important that you have the following information:
- the location of the accident
- the direction the vehicles were traveling
- the insurance information of the person that caused the accident
- your insurance information
- medical treatment information
- traffic citation information
As a client, our firm will work closely with you to obtain any information you do not have, but it is important after any traffic accident to obtain as much information at the time of the crash as possible.
HOW MANY FATALITIES ARE THERE IN ARIZONA DUE TO AUTO ACCIDENTS?
Arizona had 825 people who died in car accidents in 2011. This equate to 1 death every 11 hours. The Director of the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety said that the leading causes of fatal accidents include speeding, impaired driving, unused seatbelts, and inattention. Although there are no numbers of texting related accidents, these accidents are very common in Arizona and across the country.
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
Knowing what to do after a car accident is vital, which is why you should familiarize yourself with the following tips:
- Get medical attention as soon as possible for your injuries. Insurance companies will not pay your damages unless you can show that you were injured. Unfortunately, to prove that you have been injured, you need a physician to examine your injuries. This may also require that you receive chiropractic treatment or physical therapy. Our attorneys can help you find the right doctor.
- Take lots of photos of your injuries or damage to your vehicle. Pictures are the best evidence to use in any case to prove negligence and damages.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of witnesses. Our attorneys will contact each witness to get an accurate account of the accident.
- Report the claim to the insurance company. After the accident, you should obtain the insurance information from the other driver. This will allow you to call the driver’s insurance company and make a claim for damages. You might also call your insurance company to make a claim. Sometimes your insurance company will assist you in getting your vehicle fixed or a rental car.
- Do not give a statement to the responsible party’s insurance company. Never give details about the accident to the other party’s insurance company. These adjustors will try to get you to admit fault. Wait until you have spoken with one of our attorneys.
- Get a copy of the police report and verify that the report truly reflects what actually happened.
- Last, call (855) 774-5400 to contact the attorneys at Gonzales & Poirier, PLLC.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN ATTORNEYS HELP TO RECOVER?
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced earning capacity
- Punitive damages
- If a loved one dies, we can recover damages for the victim’s family for loss of the victim’s love and support.
WHAT DO I DO IF I AM UNABLE TO MEET WITH THE LAW OFFICES OF GONZALES & POIRIER?
Our attorneys are willing to meet you at your home or the hospital. We can accommodate night time and weekend visits. If necessary, we can arrange for your transportation.
WHY SHOULD I HIRE A VEHICLE ACCIDENT LAWYER?
After you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to payment for damages. Injuries may require medical and chiropractic care that cost money. In addition, the law allows people to recover money for their pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, lost wages, and loss of enjoyment of life. The insurance company for the responsible party should be paying the damages. So the question that always follows an accident is, “Do I need a lawyer?”
Hiring a lawyer to help you work through your injury case may be the best decision you make. Trying to handle your case yourself will not serve your interests. Lawyers will act as a consultant and provide you answers to any questions you may have after an injury. When you are done treating for your injuries, your lawyer will make a demand for payment from the other party’s insurance company.
It is important to hire a lawyer with experience in the courtroom and experience with arbitration and mediation. Hiring a lawyer without experience will cause insurance companies to undervalue your case. You want a lawyer that will be fair and honest; one whose main concern is putting money in your pocket. Lawyers often lose sight of the fact that they were not the ones injured – the client was injured. At the Law Offices of Gonzales & Poirier our personal injury lawyers will proceed to handle your case with care.
Insurance companies know that after a person is in an accident, they are going to call the responsible party’s insurance company first. For this reason, insurance companies are friendly and courteous. They want to help you settle your case as quickly as possible. You think that the insurance company is on your side. You start to feel thankful. After your vehicle is fixed, they offer you some money for your trouble. At this point, you tell them that you are sore and stiff – possibly with neck and back pain. What do they say? They remind you that you stated you were fine after the accident. They tell you that you cannot change your mind. Next thing you know is that the insurance company mails you a check for a few hundred bucks and calls it a day.
This happens way too often. This is the reason you need to hire an experienced accident attorney. Our law firm’s trial lawyers are not afraid to file lawsuits when necessary. Like our advertisement says, “We Sue Negligent Drivers.” We know that insurance companies will try to swindle you out of necessary money that could pay for your medical treatment or money for your pain and suffering. After an accident you may not immediately feel sore or stiff or even have pain. But you will later. When? It might not occur for several days, weeks, or months. Shouldn’t the responsible party have to pay for this? Yes. Hiring an attorney will be the best decision you ever make.
ATTORNEY CONTACT DETAILS
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Gonzales & Poirier, PLLC carry vast amounts of experience and provide aggressive and affordable representation aimed at attaining the best possible results for clients. Approaching each case with an individualized strategy tailored to the circumstances surrounding that case allows our lawyers to achieve optimal results while building meaningful relationships with our clients during, what is often, a very difficult period of time. Call us today for a free initial consultation at (928) 774-5400 or click here to contact us. Our firm features experienced personal injury attorneys who serve Flagstaff and the entire area of Northern Arizona.