Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Flagstaff
Arizona is a great place to ride a bicycle. Not only are residents environmentally motivated, but Arizona’s scenery is mostly breathtaking. Unfortunately, when you have more bicycle riders on the road, there is a bigger danger that accidents will occur. These accidents typically occur as a result of careless or inattentive drivers – drivers who fail to yield to bicyclists in crosswalks, cars driving on the shoulders of roads, drunk drivers, or speeding. At the Law Offices of Gonzales & Poirier, we are experienced bicycle accident attorneys and avid mountain bike riders. We handle bicycle accident cases around Arizona and have had great success on behalf of our clients. Bicycle accidents expose riders to serious injuries and even death. In 2011, 1,604 persons were injured while riding a bicycle. Of these cyclists, 23 people died as a result of their injuries.
Arizona Bike Riding Accident Representation
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Gonzales & Poirier are experienced trial lawyers that have successfully represented victims of bicycle accidents. Our attorneys have negotiated policy limits and have even filed suit when necessary. We have the experience and understanding of Arizona bike law that will enable us to receive the maximum result.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a bicycle accident caused by a careless driver, it is important to understand your rights to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Because bicyclists are vulnerable to automobile drivers, bicycle collisions can cause terrible physical damage and injuries. Our firm has extensive experience handling bicycle accidents that result from the negligence of others, including bicyclists struck by car and truck drivers who fail to see the rider, as well as bike riders struck by cars failing to yield the right of way. Please contact us at The Law Offices of Gonzales & Poirier, PLLC at (855) 774-5400 to speak to a qualified bicycle accident lawyer about your case.
What do I do if I have been in a bike accident?
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. Insurance companies will not pay your damages unless you can show that you were injured. Unfortunately, to prove that you have been injured, you need a physician to examine your injuries. This may also require that you receive chiropractic treatment or physical therapy. Our attorneys can help you find the right doctor.
- Take lots of photos of your injuries or damage to your bicycle. Pictures are the best evidence to use in any case to prove negligence and damages.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of witnesses. Our attorneys will contact each witness to get an accurate account of the accident.
- Report the claim to the insurance company. After the accident, you should obtain the insurance information from the other driver. This will allow you to call the driver’s insurance company and make a claim for damages.
- Do not give a statement to the responsible party’s insurance company. Never give details about the accident to the other party’s insurance company. These adjustors will try to get you to admit fault. Wait until you have spoken with one of our attorneys.
- Get a copy of the police report and verify that the report truly reflects what actually happened.
- Last, call the attorneys at Gonzales & Poirier, PLLC.