Recent Client Testimonials
Minor in Consumption Attorneys in Flagstaff, Arizona
Whether you, someone you know, or your child has been charged with or arrested for minor in possession of alcohol, it is a wise decision to contact an attorney as soon as possible. At the Offices of Gonzales & Poirier, we’ve handled hundreds of cases related to alcohol offenses and minors. We’ve amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience that allows us to better defend the rights of our clients in courts across the State of Arizona. Furthermore, we’ve successfully represented and defended clients against disciplinary action that has been taken by educational institutions; specifically, we’ve contested and prevented the suspension and dismissal of students at Northern Arizona University.
Underage Consumption Penalties & Consequences
Consequences of underage consumption or possession of alcohol can vary depending on the circumstances related to the offense; nonetheless, both legal penalties as well as other non-legal ramifications must be considered if you or someone you know is convicted of a crime.
Arizona Legal Penalties
Underage consumption, possession, or using a false identity to obtain alcohol can result in the following legal penalties. If you or your child is facing minor in possession of alcohol charges, please do not try to fight for your legal rights on your own. Speak with an experienced attorney for a free consultation about any of the following issues.
- Alcohol and/or substance abuse treatment
- Fines of up to $2,500 plus surcharges and court costs
- Driver’s license suspension of up to two years
- A permanent misdemeanor criminal record
- Mandatory community service and/or substance abuse education class
Future Consequences of Being Charged with Minor Possession
Additionally, criminal offenses of this sort are likely to carry negative consequences affecting the following areas of life:
- Employment, both future and current
- Student privileges/status- offenses often result in disciplinary action being taken by educational institutions
- Acceptance to college and/or other educational opportunities
- Government programs